As one of the top Strength and Conditioning coaches in Canada, I am the specialist that can get you to your goals. If results are what you want then I am the coach for you.
I have helped to bring high performance athletes to the Olympics, injured athletes back stronger than ever and private clients to abilities they never knew they had!
I have rehabilitated many chronic back pain patients and clients with sports injuries, have presented research abstracts at multiple National and International conferences, taught University courses and have presented for multiple sport groups and private clients.
I was the Manager of Strength and Conditioning for the Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba from 2001-2006 and trained multiple National, professional and Olympic level athletes. I was the Strength Coach for the Men's and Women's National Volleyball Teams (for 8 years), The Manitoba National Triathlon Centre (for 9 years) and other National and Pro-level athletes (including National Training Centre Soccer, pro football athletes, Paralympic Tennis, National Arial Ski, and many more). I was the Manitoba Provincial Director for the National Strength and Conditioning Association for 5 years and regularly volunteered to have students shadow and learn in the gym.
In 2010 I returned to Canada from living and working in Izmir, Turkey for 2 years. I consulted there as an exercise physiologist for my husband’s professional volleyball team- Arkas Volleyball. Currently, I am settled in London Ontario where my husband Paul and I re-opened Empower Conditioning. I have been working with private clients and elite athletes including consulting with Hockey Canada, Rugby Canada, Rowing Canada, and Diving Canada. I consider my success to be measured by the success and goals attained by her athletes and clients.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - degree required certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP)- degree requited certification through the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology
- Certified Athletic Therapist (CATc)- degree required certification through the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association
- BPE(Hons) Physical Education and Kinesiology (U of Northern Co and U of Manitoba)
- Masters of Science Degree- Area of research: Lumbar Spine Kinematics (U of Manitoba)